- Nicholas McIntyre, Eastman Chemical EMEA Ltd.
The program exceeded my expectations in the sense that Minerva Institute is focusing on changing a mindset rather than just providing a toolbox.The difference is that you become more the architect rather than the construction worker in strategy development.
- Nicholas McIntyre, Eastman Chemical EMEA Ltd.
Minerva Training Institute
Executive Office 09, Business Center, Block 3,
Knowledge Village , Dubai , UAE.
Process Improvement for Healthcare Lean Healthcare Black Belt Certificate
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt for Healthcare five -day program is designed for experienced Six Sigma practitioners with a Green Belt Certification (or equivalent process improvement experience) who wish to achieve the pinnacle of lean Six Sigma training by developing critical skills for leadership in enterprise wide deployment. Participants who successfully complete a project and pass the examination will earn the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from IIE.
This five-day lean healthcare training program will teach participants how to apply the lean concepts and tools of the legendary Toyota Production System (TPS) to healthcare applications. Lean tools and concepts apply across the entire healthcare spectrum including hospitals, healthcare systems, physician practices, nursing homes, clinics, laboratories, and healthcare administrative services.
Lean techniques eliminate wasteful activities, while Six Sigma is a disciplined method for meeting customers’ expectations and eliminating defects in any process. IIE’s Lean Six Sigma Training offers the unique approach of weaving both lean and Six Sigma methodologies into a seamless certificate program that can help you achieve substantial improvements in your healthcare organization. By completing this course of study, you will gain a solid general knowledge of the theory, composition and implementation of a lean Six Sigma initiative. You will also become proficient in all of the analytical tools necessary to define measure, analyze, improve, implement and control healthcare improvement projects.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Configure to demand
- Develop lean process flows
- Implement lean in your organization
- Reduce cycle time through minimizing wait times
- Analyze process data using comprehensive statistical methods
- Control the process to assure that improvements are used
- Define an opportunity for improving customer satisfaction
- Implement the recommended improvements
- Improve existing processes by reducing variation
- Measure process characteristics that are critical to quality
Overview of Lean Healthcare and Lean Healthcare Simulation: An overview of lean history and philosophy will be presented to help the participants understand the universal application of lean to all industries. All participants will engage in the Robby the Patient lean simulation that will demonstrate the core principles of lean applied to a healthcare system. The simulation is an engaging, hands-on way to experience the transformation from traditional healthcare processes to lean processes and the metrics by which improvements can be measured.
- Go ‘Configure to Demand’ – A look at how to move toward a multitiered product delivery system using:
– Product Configuration/ Planning Bills of Materials
– Product Delivery System Integration Techniques
- Learn the Process Flow – A look at how to establish flow and how to make it lean using lean process design techniques:
– Baseline Process / Product Anatomy/ Process Anatomy
– Activity Level Data Collection/ Lean Design
– Data Analysis/ New Process Design (Flow, Point of Use, Pull, Quality, Takt)
– Lean Tools (e.g. Point of Use and Visual Controls)
- Rate-based Planning – A look at how to plan the resources necessary for operating in a lean environment using:
– Schedule Cycle and Footprint/Mix Model Sequencing
– Sequencing and Pacing Box/ Capacity Planning and Response Profiles
Value Stream Mapping Healthcare Applications: Participants are given an introduction to value stream mapping (VSM) processes along with case study presentations by UM Hospital doctors and nurses. The participants then engage in a value stream mapping exercise to apply what they have learned.
- Pull from Customer Through Supply – A look at how to reduce customer waiting time significantly and increase customer satisfaction using:
– Finished Goods Inventory Strategies
– Point of Sale Data/ Production Planning/ Material Control/ Kanban
Toyota Practical Problem Solving and A3 Tools: Problem Solving the Toyota way is reviewed with the participants along with exercises to help participants internalize the concept. A3 problem solving reporting processes is also included in this module along with a case study from UM hospital.
- Accomplish supplier and logistics integration
- Complete a lean enterprise transformation
- Develop a multi-tiered product delivery system
- Identify the components of a lean process
- Integrate rate-based planning and scheduling
- Project Management/Team Skills
- Six Sigma Philosophy and Structure
- Introduction to Statistics /Descriptive
Supporting Lean Tools for Lean Healthcare: 5S, visual management, standardized work, andon systems, quick changeover, and many other lean tools are presented throughout the day. In addition lean healthcare case studies are presented and hands-on exercises are used to help participants to fully comprehend how, where and when to use and apply these lean tools in their daily work environment.
- Probability and Probability Distributions:
– Definitions/ Rules/ Hypergeometric
– Binomial/ Poisson/ Normal/ Exponential/ Chi Square/ F/ Student t
- Confidence and Confidence Intervals
– Means/ Standard Deviations/ Proportions
- Tests of Hypothesis
– Means/ Standard Deviations/ Proportions
- Design of Experiments
– Concepts/ ANOVA Factorial
Lean Leadership and Change Management for Lean Healthcare: Practicing lean physicians and lean practitioners lead this day with the objective of imparting lean leadership and culture change strategies for successfully implementing lean tools and concepts in your organization. A case study on Lean Transformation Strategies is presented by a physician in a leadership role at a large health system to help you to understand the issues that he faced. Next, a Back Home Planning Exercise is used to help prepare participants for taking the next step in moving forward with their organization. The final day concludes with a panel of 3–4 physicians and lean leaders answer questions in an open forum with the participants.
- Statistical Process Control and Process Capability
- Process Capability/Reliability
- Measurement Systems Analysis /Goodness of Fit Testing
- Regression and Correlation
– Linear/ Curvilinear/ Multivariate/Cost of Quality
The program is targeted at healthcare professionals who seek a firm grasp of how the various Lean Six Sigma process tools can be utilized in their specific projects. This course will be beneficial for: (1) individuals who are in organizations that are beginning to deploy Six Sigma or (2) for individuals in service-oriented industries, who will be contributing members of Six Sigma teams. The information covered in this course will satisfy the requirement for Black Belt Certification. Certification will be granted to those who pass the final assessment.
All of the following attendees will benefit from this program:
- healthcare executives
- clinical staff
- industrial and management engineers
- laboratory and specialized healthcare services
- insurance company staff
- pharmaceutical staff
Lean Healthcare Green Belt
Fundamentals: Core concepts, understandings and tools (60%)
Latest Developments: Recent advances and future trends (20%)
Industry Applications: Linking theory and real-world (20%)
Lecture: Delivery of material in a lecture format (60%)
Discussion or Group Work: Participatory learning (40%)
Introductory: Appropriate for a general audience (20%)
Specialized: Assumes experience in practice area or field (60%)
Advanced: In-depth explorations at the advanced level (20%)
- Discussions with Industry and Government Leaders/Subjects Matter Experts
- Current status of issues that affect you and your organization
- Interactions with peers from industry and government
- Lessons learned from multiple Case Studies
- Course Manual-printed and e-files
- Current articles by industry authors
Take The Right Step
|Date||Programs Fees (US$)||Location||Registration|
Process Improvement for Healthcare Lean Healthcare Black Belt Certificate Program Information Request
Thank you for your interest in Process Improvement for Healthcare Lean Healthcare Black Belt Certificate. Please fill out the information below, and we will be in touch with you shortly. If you wish, you can subscribe to our quarterly newsletter describing all of the Minerva Training Institute programs offerings--simply check the appropriate.