- Nicholas McIntyre, Eastman Chemical EMEA Ltd.
The program exceeded my expectations in the sense that Minerva Institute is focusing on changing a mindset rather than just providing a toolbox.The difference is that you become more the architect rather than the construction worker in strategy development.
- Nicholas McIntyre, Eastman Chemical EMEA Ltd.
Minerva Training Institute
Executive Office 09, Business Center, Block 3,
Knowledge Village , Dubai , UAE.
Process Improvement for Healthcare Lean Healthcare Green Belt Certificate
The Lean Health Care Green Belt Certification program provides participants with an understanding of the theory and application of Lean health care concepts, tools and practices. In this program participants have the opportunity to target an area within their organization and leverage their learning to initiate quantitative improvements.
During the course each participant is expected to identify a Lean project and begin to outline the work that must be done to complete that project using the LHW Green Belt Lean Certification for Healthcare Workbook©. After the conclusion of the 5-day course, participants have 90 days to complete their Lean project and submit the workbook as documentation of their project. Upon approval of the submission, the participant will be awarded a certificate of competency for “Green Belt Lean Certification for Healthcare”.
This program is designed to enable each participant to effectively:
- Participate in Lean improvement initiatives as an engaged and informed team co-facilitator
- Demonstrate and teach Lean principles, methods, and tools to optimize care delivery and support processes
- Utilize advanced Lean methodologies and tools to optimize care delivery and support processes
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Evidenced-based concepts, tools, and techniques used to facilitate clinical and non-clinical improvement efforts
- Techniques to analyze workflow processes that identify
- value-adding steps
- non-value adding steps
- Lean techniques to reduce and/or eliminate non-value adding steps
- Redesign tools to overcome workflow barriers, improve quality, reliability and reduce cost.
Green Belt Lean Certification for Healthcare© include the 5-day course and requires a completed project to demonstrate competency and application of Lean concepts.
- Overview of Lean and its many applications to healthcare
- Recognizing waste in everyday work
- Lean Health Care Tools and Practices I: Improving Process Flow
- Lean Health Care Tools and Practices II: Reducing Variation and Improving Quality
- The power of direct observation
- Value stream mapping (Current and Future State)
- Development of a future state plan
- 5S Organizational Development
- Implementing Lean and Six Sigma in Health Care
- A3 problem solving
- Managing Change Resistance
- Other Lean tools and techniques
The program is targeted at healthcare professionals who seek a firm grasp of how the various Lean Six Sigma process tools can be utilized in their specific projects. This course will be beneficial for: (1) individuals who are in organizations that are beginning to deploy Six Sigma or (2) for individuals in service-oriented industries, who will be contributing members of Six Sigma teams. The information covered in this course will satisfy the requirement for Green Belt Certification. Certification will be granted to those who pass the final assessment.
All of the following attendees will benefit from this program:
- healthcare executives
- clinical staff
- industrial and management engineers
- laboratory and specialized healthcare services
- insurance company staff
- pharmaceutical staff
Lean Healthcare Yellow Belt
Fundamentals: Core concepts, understandings and tools (60%)
Latest Developments: Recent advances and future trends (20%)
Industry Applications: Linking theory and real-world (20%)
Lecture: Delivery of material in a lecture format (60%)
Discussion or Group Work: Participatory learning (40%)
Introductory: Appropriate for a general audience (20%)
Specialized: Assumes experience in practice area or field (60%)
Advanced: In-depth explorations at the advanced level (20%)
- Discussions with Industry and Government Leaders/Subjects Matter Experts
- Current status of issues that affect you and your organization
- Interactions with peers from industry and government
- Lessons learned from multiple Case Studies
- Course Manual-printed and e-files
- Current articles by industry authors
Take The Right Step
|Date||Programs Fees (US$)||Location||Registration|
Process Improvement for Healthcare Lean Healthcare Green Belt Certificate Program Information Request
Thank you for your interest in Process Improvement for Healthcare Lean Healthcare Green Belt Certificate. Please fill out the information below, and we will be in touch with you shortly. If you wish, you can subscribe to our quarterly newsletter describing all of the Minerva Training Institute programs offerings--simply check the appropriate.